Wednesday 31 October 2012

Half Term Ends ...



Half term ends and I’m still none the wiser as to how this is all going to end up. We have made progress and discussed potential courses and academic institutions but I have found the rationale of choice frustratingly flawed or poorly researched – largely through naivety I fear.

I made my choice when sending the children off to boarding school but this is one time when I wish he was at home and that we could discuss his thoughts rather than try to pick apart the suggestions of the careers staff at school who have a whole year of Upper Sixth to help.  Contrary to this argument I have many colleagues who have deliberately left the entire selection of both course and institution entirely to their offspring. I really don’t know just how much input a parent should have.

I’m sure that all will become clear as the year progresses ….

No comments:

Post a Comment